On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 9:24 AM, M-D November <mdnovem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my suggestion, and I know it's not workable because NBC already
> promoted "FIVE NIGHTS OF JAY!", but I'm gonna say it anyway: if
> they're going to continue with this experiment, cut him back to 3
> nights a week.  Give him Monday (to recap the weekend, and for his
> beloved 'Headlines' segment), Thursday (new movie promotion), and
> Friday (to satisfy the shut-ins who don't go out on Saturdays and
> aren't watching cable).  Reduce the guest load and expand the
> interview segments.

Leno does best right now on Tuesday and Wed, so I don't know that they
would pick these two days to cut back on.

When they first announced this, and explained their reasoning, I
thought they would have been better off starting Leno as a once a week
show. Then they could field almost a full slate of 10:00 pm shows, and
plug extra Leno in whenever there was a weak performing show. That
would allow them to keep developing 10:00 shows, but still have some
inexpensive protection against the inevitable failures. But that would
all seem like a demotion to Leno now, so I guess they can't do it.