It may be something to do with having a compatible graphics package but the
BBC is certainly adopting the standard graphics package as they're using a
house style. So it is doable if technically more complicated.

On 22 Jun 2010 03:02, "JoshG" <joshua.gor...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jun 21, 4:59 am, Adam Bowie <adam.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Graphics packages are very clever too...
I can't speak for the BBC/ITV coverage, but comparing what I've seen
of CBC and ABC here in Canada, and occasionally clips of others on the
web, it appeared to me to be the other way around: FIFA supplies
graphics in a predefined style on the host feed, and individual
broadcasters match that style of graphics for the score bug and any
other localized in-game graphics. Not to say that BBC, ITV, and maybe
a few others aren't doing it, but I would figure ESPN/ABC would be
among the first to use their own graphics in-game if the option was
available, since they're certainly using their regular graphics
package out-of-game.