On Jul 13, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Joe Coughlin wrote:

> I'm going the other direction. I'm going streaming only. I have the 1 disc
> plan now and I've had Winter's Bone since the Oscars. I also have the movie.

i had dropped netflix before they had streaming but a couple of months ago i
thought i'd join back mostly to check out streaming and figured that for $2
more i'd get the disc option too.

i've been very happy with the streaming, not so much with the discs. i've had a
few that were dinged up so that they wouldn't play in any player or drive i
have, 1 was cracked, another i never received at all. several in my queue show
short-long waits and increasingly i'm getting them from distant distribution
centers even though i live in a city with one.

previously i'd had none of these problems; to me it seems like the DVD section
is the part of the yard that they are letting weeds grow all over. even before
the price change i was thinking about dropping the disc plan. when i read in
the article that they were announcing a chief for their new DVD division my
first thought was, what did this guy do to piss someone off...