On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Tom Wolper <twol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The American Life Network link in Google takes you to the YooToo
> signup page. I did a whois search for youtoo and came up with a guy in
> Plano, TX who registered the site with Go Daddy. A further search
> shows the guy who registered the site is in charge of online marketing
> and technology for American Life TV.

Well, according to Wikipedia, the network is going to officially relaunch on
September 29... or as it was written, "On September 29, 2011, the channel
rebranded as Youtoo, with a focus on mobile devices; as of that date, all
links to the website redirected to a page inviting viewers to sign up for
the new service," because Wikipedia is written by time-travelers from the
future. Of course, that's the one bit of information that doesn't have a
citation or anything. And well, searching for the network in Google or
GoogleNews has proven useless (though Google is no longer correcting
"Youtoo" into "YouTube"). The only news article I have seen is of a small
cable system dropping ALN because it turned into Youtoo.

http://j.mp/oKUk1n

This is possibly the first network whose birth is not chronicled by some
sort of press release somewhere.