On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:40 PM, David Lynch <djly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For NFL
> coverage, doesn't CBS usually can "60 Minutes" if a game goes after about
> 7:45?

They actually kill "CSI: Miami" at 10 across the whole network and
slip the rest an hour late.  (West coast and mountain time zones get a
repeat episode instead of the originally-planned new episode.)  The
"official" cut-off time is 7:57:56, though they've been known to
ignore that.

> On a the topic of CBS and delays due to sports, I like the graphics they're
> using this football season with a specific start time. Even though I only
> see them on padded DVR recordings, knowing that The Amazing Race starts at
> 8:33 tells me exactly how long I have to skip.

Agreed--they're not too obtrusive, though it seems like it pops up
every three freakin' minutes...

Ben Scripps
benscri...@gmail.com