On Oct 10, 2011, at 6:40 PM, David Lynch wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 20:26, Brad Beam <b.b...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> From the Twitter feed, "House" will start up at 9:53E/8:53C/9P.
>
> That surprises me, given what they do for NFL coverage.

Fox has a little more flexibility in their Sunday night schedule than they do
in their Monday night schedule, with a variable-length postgame show and then a
lineup of half-hour shows -- not to mention a more definite end time (it's VERY
rare for NFL coverage to run past 8:00).

> I would have assumed, given the ending time of the game, that they would have
> held one show or the other for 9:00 and aired a re-run on the west coast.

Given the overall high-profile nature of "Terra Nova," and the fact that
"House" was the main show they were promoting during the NFL yesterday, I
didn't think they'd give up on them that early (although I do wonder what the
cutoff time would have been to cut one of them if the game kept going).

And, of course, they only had about 24 hours notice that they would even be
carrying a baseball game this afternoon; what was scheduled for tonight (and
what was being promoted yesterday) might have been different if the game had
been scheduled for today all along.

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv/>