For all the comment on the timing of the show, I did not see much here
about the show itself. Perhaps deservedly so, as most of it seemed to have
been taped not earlier this week, but maybe 18 months ago. I love Dave and
like Conan and detest Leno, so I enjoyed it anyway, but I did think we
might get a little something more - I was kind of hoping Dave might at
least talk to Conan a little bit about the live tour and the documentary,
since that kind of direct contact with an audience seems like something
Dave does not crave nor even enjoy. But I am always interested when Dave
makes the point that the Leno he knew back in the day was always the
funniest comic in the room, but a bit of (as he said last night) a brat.

A commentator on TVBTN linked to this piece:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/17/conan-obrien-david-letterman-reunion/,
which has video of Dave's important visit to Conan's early show, but also
has some what seem to me oversimplifications. But what it does have is a
closing reference to something that the Dave-Conan fan axis has been
talking up; that Conan will take over for Dave when Dave retires at the end
of his current deal 2014. I admit that I am among those who have been
sucked into this view.