On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Wesley McGee <wesley.mc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You can read his take:
> http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/23339272200/hey-did-i-miss-anything
>
> Because Prototype 2 is great, and because nobody called me, and then
>> started hiring people to run the show, I had my assistant start packing up
>> my office days ago.  I’m sorry.  I’m not saying seasons 1, 2 and 3 were my
>> definition of perfect television, I’m just saying that whatever they’re
>> going to do for season 4, they’re aiming to do without my help.  So do not
>> believe anyone that tells you on Monday that I quit or diminished my role
>> so I could spend more time with my loved ones, or that I negotiated and we
>> couldn’t come to an agreement, etc.  It couldn’t be less true because, just
>> to make this clear, literally nobody called me.  Also don’t believe anyone
>> that says I have sex with animals.  And if there’s a photo of me doing it
>> with an animal - I’m not saying one exists, I’m just saying, if one
>> surfaces - it’s a fake.  Look at the shadow.  Why would it be in front of
>> the giraffe if the sun is behind the jeep?

Their 9:30PM season finale had less than 2.5 million viewers.  On Thursday
night.  On NBC.  In the May sweep.  The season finale of "The Vampire
Diaries" a week earlier had more than 2.5 million viewers and that's on the
CW.  Based on the ratings, the amazing thing is that the show is coming
back, not that Harmon was not retained.

TVG