I guess my reply from yesterday got lost in the aether. Suffice it to say,
BBT is one of those shows (like HIMYM) that I watch more out of habit than
from actually enjoying it.

The whole thing smacks to me of a show written by dumb people imagining
what smart people are like. That, and it's fallen victim to the "quirky and
colorful supporting character takes over show to its ultimate detriment"
syndrome.

--Dave Sikula