Maybe my memory is faulty, but I don't recall that being the case with Crystal
last year...or Jon Stewart. Or Baldwin/Martin.

I think it is certainly the case that hosts can never live up to whatever the
platonic ideal is, but MacFarlane and Franco certainly got particularly bad
reviews.

dg

Sent from my iPhone