> Jeebus, people. It's a fecking teevee show with millionaires giving
prizes to other millionaires. It won't cause or cure > cancer. Get over it.

Again, I didn't watch last night so I don't have an opinion about the show
either way, but I have to say that this attitude seems awfully strange to
espouse on a list dedicated towards discussing television.  Sure, the
quality of the Oscars broadcast  is highly subjective and in the grand
scheme of things pretty darn unimportant, but the same is true of
Letterman, SNL, Louie, 30 Rock, American Idol, or almost anything that has
ever been discussed on TV OR NOT TV.

- dg