I'm trying to make my way back to California as well, but likely won't make
it this week. Catalina is worth the trip if you've never been, though it
will consume an entire day of your schedule unless you can afford to
charter a helicopter to get you to and fro (as I understand it, the
Catalina Flyer, aka the only fast boat that services the island, no longer
runs). If your travels take you as south as San Diego, i can make several
recommendations. Craig's show is fun to see, but be aware they'll most
likely tape two episodes with you in the audience, not one, but they don't
really stop tape for any reason so it flies by -- commercial breaks only
last 10 seconds.

I miss Roscoe's.