HBO is using the phrase "over-the-top" in their PR - that's the same
language WWE used when launching the WWE Network earlier this year at CES.
 That confirms that the online-only subscriptions will sidestep the
cable/satellite providers entirely.

Cost is the huge unknown here.  HBO will need to weigh their pricing
against Netflix and Hulu, and while the two existing services aren't
exactly carbon copies of HBO, potential customers will certainly make the
comparison anyway.  (Oh, and Amazon, but not really.)  The $8-9 price point
seems to be the sweet spot for online programming services (WWE comes in
higher at $9.99, but they've got a niche audience).  Assuming HBOGo remains
the same as it is now (movie library + originals immediately after first
airing [except LWT] + library of old original series), a $9-10 price point
might be reasonable.  But if the online subscription includes access to a
stream of the actual channels, I could see that price going up.

I guess we'll see.