FWIW, I have enjoyed the Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight much more than the
movies (whether on film or television).

David
      From: PGage <pga...@gmail.com>
 To: "tvornottv@googlegroups.com" <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:44 PM
 Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] DVR-Worthy Fall 2015 TV?

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Doug Fields <d...@flids.net> wrote:

I’m going to give “Code Black” a  try for no other reason than Marcia Gay
Harden’s name in the credits.  Likewise “Quantico,” because I like the
storyline of a South Asian character fighting terrorism from the American side,
and all the stereotyping that she’ll have to fight through to pull that off.
”going to give it a try,” while not necessarily hold out much hope for it. On
the flip side, I don’t think you could actually pay me to watch the new Ken
Jeong show, based on the preview commercials I’ve seen. Other than those three
examples, you and I have remarkably similar tastes in  television
entertainment.  (*huge* Philip K. Dick fan here)

In which case Doug, if you fid Code Black or Quantico to be unusually good, I
would appreciate a head's up here and I will dig through the On Demand and
check them out. If Quantico is any good I could become a fan; I have an
idiosyncratic bias against medical programs (I did finally get into Scrubs on
Netflix or Amazon or wherever it went after it died).
I have never quite understood all the love the Muppets got in original run. I
watched a lot of it, but for me it was always a case of having limited viewing
options and it being the least objectionable option (or the show my family was
able to agree on). I am a fan of the first Muppet Movie, and saw most of the
others with varying degrees of enjoyment. I will probably watch the new show,
but it won't be the first thing on my list.