Well you've understood British villains' accents for years! C.f. that
Jaguar ad from a year or so ago featuring Hiddlestone amongst others -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7gR7EYjcP8

Happy Valley is set in a Yorkshire town and the accent may be unfamiliar.
However, the dialogue is so smart and the characters so well drawn, I'd
urge you to check it out.

But you know, over this side of the pond we cope just fine with southern
drawls, New Yawk accents and pretty much anything you throw at us. Plus
we've watched Aussie soaps for years. So I think complaining about accents
is an easy get-out. You just have to concentrate a bit harder sometimes.

I do however think many issues people have with sound on television today
are more due to the awful speakers in today's flatscreen TVs. Basic physics
says that if your TV is only  an inch thick you just can't put a decent
speaker in it. Your old cathode ray tube set - even a cheap model -
probably had a booming speaker with lots of space to breath and deliver
decent mono sound. That's why the big thing in home audio is sound bars. If
you're able to, I always recommend plugging your TV into some other audio
device for clear audio. Even a years old stereo system will be better than
the speakers in your new flat TV.

But that's a bugbear of mine...

You definitely won't struggle with accents in The Night Manager.