Worth noting that the question Kevin quoted was from a BBC Worldwide email
panel - not the BBC audience ratings arm. The commercial Worldwide is kept
at arm's length.

The official measure of popularity - Audience Appreciation - is
unpublished, but carried out daily and isn't asked in this fashion, since
it's clearly leading.

The findings may well have been sent back to the production team however.

Finally, Sunday was the first weekend day of the year in which we had good
weather. So the fall was to be expected. I think it'll be impossible to
measure the success of the show until we've had a complete series.