      From: David Lynch <djly...@gmail.com>
 To: "tvornottv@googlegroups.com" <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
 Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2016 6:22 PM
 Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] deception

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM Jon Delfin <jondel...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Joe Hass <hassgoc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Assuming they're shooting live-to-tape and there's no issues, if it's a
standard break, where would the guest likely be at the end of the act before?

They're not, as evidenced by the many bits they've done that involve costume
changes for Colbert. Lots of tape-stopping.

Does anyone know how far from true live-to-tape Colbert is? I had previously
gotten the impression that LSwSC is about as close as anyone gets these days --
not timed to the second with how it goes out on air, but shot in order in one
take (unless there's a major screwup.)