There was an actress in the early 80s by the name of Shelley Smith. She
wasn't even B list: the woman was a runway model before she got into
acting, and doesn't have a credit on IMDB past 1991. From IMDB, it looks
like she starred in exactly one series: "For Love And Honor". But if you
know Pyramid, you know exactly who Shelley Smith is: one of the great
celebrities in the history that entire franchise and the deliverer of the
single greatest Winners Circle clue (in a $100,000 round, no less; after a
brutal fifth category that should've knocked her on her ass):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji_ZFRqYsp8

Shelly Smith was a game show rock star, just like Vikki Lawrence and Nipsey
Russell and Betty White. And when you're good at game shows, you keep
reappearing, even if you've got nothing else going on, because crappy
celebs make the show look bad. Exhibit A: Anthony Anderson, who showed what
happens when you're neither: you play like shit, you act like a mouthy ass,
and detract from the proceedings.

You can think Rosie O'Donnell has the acting ability of a french fry and a
personality that could grate Parmesan. She's *outstanding* at game shows,
both in terms of game play and interaction. She'll get that call every
single time.