So, I have been recording this for a while, but only watched the first
episode or so until this weekend. Growing up in LA I had similar contacts
with Scientology as Kevin described below, and for a while one of the
things my friends and I would do over the summer during college was to go
to Hollywood and take tests and engage in long debates with them. At the
time we thought they were con men and/or brainwashed, but did not
understand how much harm they had done.

But now what I don't understand is the nature of the show I am watching;
what is this? It seems to have a lot of repetition and filler.  As Kevin
noted, it is a surprising that there is so little that is new here. It
would have more impact if it were just a two-hour documentary telling
Remini's story and summarizing what has already been reported about the
cult for context.

I am also puzzled by the structure of the show - there have been a couple
of short (15 min) episodes that then are repeated within later, longer
episodes. In one episode it seems like there is a scene that is repeated
immediately after we first see it, right before they go to a commercial.
Again, it seems like they contracted for a certain number of hours from A&E
and then did not have enough actual content to fill it.

Sent from Gmail Mobile