I did laugh at the author's views of Ian Wright. He does quite a lot of
football broadcasting in the UK and I like him. He's part of ITV's World
Cup line-up as noted in the piece. But he's also a regular on the BBC, and
does work for BT Sport in the UK.

Only having two teams in Russia seems a little light. During the group
stages there will be up to three fixtures a day, and given the scale of
Russia, I wonder of the logistics will allow for even one fixture a day to
be done by one of those two teams.

While plenty of broadcasters do call games "off-tube" as it's known, it's
always a cost-saving measure. And it only really takes one off-the-ball
incident to make it clear to viewers.

For live games, both the BBC and ITV, who share the UK rights, will have
live commentators. Highlights packages from games that a particular
broadcaster has not shown may be off-tube in Russia. But again, I think
it's a logistical thing in Russia rather than anything. And that won't
happen for England games or other big fixtures.

Adam