On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 8:56 PM PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I won’t relitigate the Rather Affair here, but again I dispute your over
> simplistic summary.  I Will point out the irony in you bashing O’Donnell
> for being lazy and sloppy by lazily and sloppily misstating that Williams
> had been fired.

That remark is juvenile. It’s like when the right would attack Jon Stewart
for missing a detail. I’m not a f*cking journalist. I could be equally
 juvenile and point out you called him Brain Williams, but it doesn’t get
us anywhere.

But more to the point, your dichotomous schematic for judging journalists
> is illegitimate and unsustainable. As I noted, no profession could stand up
> to your implied standard.

They aren’t MY standards. The concept of journalistic standards isn’t
something I pulled out of my ass. The definitions of facts, sources,
 verification of sources, collection of evidence, presentation of
evidence... these aren’t new. O’Donnell knew them. He ignored them. He
should be fired because of it.