It's not hard to think lots of ways to stop a certain amount of this.

Limiting the number of simultaneous users should be easy - Netflix
obviously does this. But if you then roll in recognised IP addresses or
general locations, then you could quickly require a further 2-factor
identification-style or even email requirement. Netflix already tells me
when I log in from somewhere it's not seen before. It then emails me to let
me know. If it also made me click an "It's me" button then that probably
wouldn't be a hardship.

Some of this will probably involve tightening Ts&Cs. Should you need to
reside at the same address to share a password? That's the rule that
Spotify has for its family plan. But students away from home, or kids using
their parents' logins are more complicated. And then there are families
that are separated through no fault of their own - perhaps work keeps them
apart for some of their time.

I suspect that the companies will roll all this stuff out slowly. They
don't want to annoy customers, but you tighten up a little here, and make
people jump through a few more hoops there. Do you get new sign ups as a
result? Or lose them?

Adam