I'd argue that Steam is a very niche market with a much more advanced user
base when compared to Hulu, Netflix, and Disney Plus.

As for discontinuing support on devices, that's not nearly as disruptive
from a user perspective as trying to accessing a product and having to jump
through additional hoops you didn't think you had to. That's where this all
falls apart.