On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 10:29 AM 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV <
tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> They're not completely lame, but enough of 'em will just rankle older
> folks' feelings about O.J.
>

> https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/03/21/sports-events-networks-should-air-during-social-distancing
> (link)

In 2 minute segments they might not look so lame but after 5 or 10 minutes
people will turn them off. As for the OJ stuff, showing footage of the
Bronco "chase" 25+ years after it happened has no value as news or
entertainment. It's a lot to sit through with no story around it. I'd be
mildly interested in watching a bit of First and Ten. If I thought Simpson
would be due a penny of residuals I would not watch. At this point Simpson
has very little celebrity or notoriety and a show with him in it isn't
going to draw that much attention.

The Harding-Kerrigan story shown in real time news stories would similarly
be a slog.