> On May 20, 2020, at 10:18 PM, Ben Scripps <b...@benscripps.com> wrote:
>
> When they called me, I actually had a two-part phone call; after I confirmed
> my station isn’t a J! affiliate, the contestant coordinator said she still
> needed to run it past her boss to make sure I was good.  So I got the call,
> then had to sit on that information for about four hours waiting to hear if
> I’d be approved or shot down.

Now I can't help but wonder about this theoretical situation: someone who works
for a local TV station is on as a contestant at the end of the season, and
carries over to next season as the returning champion. For the new season, the
station they work for starts carrying "Jeopardy!". What do the producers do?

(I suspect that's not actually going to come up, since they should know the
affiliate contract situation well in advance. In fact, that may have been
something they checked while you were waiting.)