> On Jul 14, 2020, at 10:47 AM, Tom Wolper <twol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 1:02 PM Steve Timko <steveti...@gmail.com
> <mailto:steveti...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> If guests are streaming from home, why use a cavernous studio?
>
> I feel the opposite. When the country first was shut down, the amateur shot
> from home style made sense for safety and also kept in touch with what the
> viewers were going through. After a few months a lot of companies and
> communities have found ways to cope, without going back to how things were
> before the pandemic, and the late night shows should be developing new ways
> also. I think Colbert is doing his show as if it is still April and that's
> getting tiresome. As for Fallon if NBC could find a smaller studio in the
> building that was big enough for safe distancing that would be ideal. But
> they have 6A already set up for him and ready to go so why not?

Conan's current home at the Largo Theater actually has a higher seating
capacity than his regular studio - which they've been playing for laughs, with
his assistant being the only one actually in the seats. Conan's mostly seen in
a tight shot at his desk set up on the stage, angled so that the stage curtain
and a small of the backstage area are visible behind him, so it doesn't really
"feel" as big as it is when he's doing a desk piece or a celebrity Zoom
interview.