I didn't hate S1 of Discovery as much as some (or, if I'm honest, as much
as I expected to), but I definitely had issues with the new-look Klingons.
 The Lorca stuff left me a little flat, and I felt like S1 of a new series
was a bit early to dive into the Trek canon well and visit the mirror
universe.  (As an aside, I almost rewrote that last sentence to add spoiler
protection, but...it's been 2 years, folks.  There's a limit.)

Personally, I wish CBS were broadcasting S2, which felt more like
original-recipe Trek to me (even if the [shady big bad McGuffin] is a
little too omnipresent). Plus, I really love what they did with the
Disco-Enterprise.