Totally agree Adam. This of course has always been the worm at the core of
ESPN, which pretends to have a firewall between their journalistic and
rights- fees paid sports presentations.

I have watched Amazon’s All or Nothing, and HBO’s Hard Knocks. As I say,
DTS suffers from a similar problem. But I also found it uniquely compelling.

I also really enjoyed “The Test” on Amazon, that I watched earlier in the
year, about Australian cricket, another sport I knew next to nothing about.
As with DTS, it did not turn me into a regular cricket watcher, but after a
lifetime of standing aloof and mostly disinterested, I feel like I have at
least some understanding of the sports, and appreciation for why so many
find them compelling.

Sent from Gmail Mobile