Why not? They had such a success with Taskmaster.

(Yes, I’m still mad about that one.)

From: 'David Bruggeman' via TVorNotTV <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2022 1:31 AM
To: TVorNotTV <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [TV orNotTV] CW to try American version of "Would I Lie to You?"

Aasif Mandvi will host the CW's Americanization of the British panel show,
premiering April 9th.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/would-i-lie-to-you-aasif-mandvi-matt-walsh-sabrina-jalees-to-lead-the-cw-adaptation-of-british-format-1234868258/

For those who haven't seen it (segments and full episodes are available on the
YouTube), contestants are given a statement they haven't seen until that very
moment, and assert its truthfulness (whether it is or not). The opposing team
asks questions to see if they can poke holes in the story.  An example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16WIwgW_fuY

The team captains - Matt Walsh of Veep and Sabrina Jalees of Carol's Second Act
- are regulars while various other performers will fill out the teams in each
episode.

I love the British version, currently hosted by Rob Brydon with team captains
Lee Mack and David Mitchell.  They have been doing it forever, though, so I
would try to give the U.S. version some time to find its footing.  I have no
sense of Jalees, but I think Mandvi and Walsh have the skills to make it work.

David

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/1576386844.655606.1648967468243%40mail.yahoo.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/1576386844.655606.1648967468243%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .