I’ve watched the British version for several years. Recently they started an
Australian version as well. It’s an hour long format. Quite often, it feels too
long. Would probably be better off doing it the British way, and spending an
episode or two at the end of each season with a “Unseen Bits” episode showing.
The Australian version crams in every trick every episode.  Every panel member
gets at least one go. Then they have the “How do you know them” segment. Then
the “there’s a prop under your desk” bit.  The British version doesn’t always
get to every guest and doesn’t always have a prop segment.

I did not like the first couple episodes of the Australian version. They took
it too seriously in trying to catch people in a lie and playing sleuth. It’s
less fun that way. The fun of the show is the storytelling in my opinion. Also,
the show really needs you to like the two captains for this to work. In the
British version, David Mitchell and Lee Mack are phenomenal and are able to
carry things when needed.  In the Australian version, my enjoyment has
increased as I have gotten to know the captains better. One, Frank Woodley, I
am starting to genuinely enjoy. The other guy, Chris Taylor, is just annoying
and will probably be why I give up on their version eventually.

Adam is right. Bob Mortimer is the best.

Carlton