My basic thoughts, other than relief at one less Jimmy in late night.
Will CBS bother with a replacement?  Late night, at least in my lifetime, has
been something mostly of interest to NBC.  Without Dave, there wouldn't be any
CBS late night to speak of, and certainly not a second hour of it.
If they bother, will they put it on the network or go straight to the plus?

Will it be in California?  I think it would be a little silly to have yet
another late night show in the Big Apple, and I'm persuaded that it makes sense
for bookings to have network shows near where much of the U.S. television
production still is.
Who would host?  I think it would depend in part on if it stays in California,
but I agree that it seems likely to not be an old white guy.
Desus and Mero are very Bronx, but that is perhaps third on my list of reasons
why I think they wouldn't do it.  First is their propensity for all kinds of
network-unfriendly content and second is that they are probably good with doing
a show once or twice a week.  Much as I'd like to add my favorite link from
their show, they did a segment recently where they were forced to work clean
and failed miserably - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZtEvfG4g0
As for Trevor, I guess?  It makes sense to me that the 11:30 and 12:30 shows
are distinct from each other, and I'd think that a Colbert-Noah block would
just seem like one big show.  Of course, they might want that?
David

    On Thursday, April 28, 2022, 03:52:42 PM PDT, Mark Jeffries