And the only actual ads were in the local breaks, at least on "The Wheel"
(in the two breaks where there were ads, it was all promos, a PSA for the
Sandy Hook Project, which I'm sure Steve Douchbag and his idiots on "Fox
and Friends" made a comment about this morning, an ad for "Puss in Boots
2," which as a Universal release counts as promo time, and an NFL Shop ad,
which the networks that have the NFL have to run in promo time).  In the
old days, this would have been called "sustaining" and Nielsen wouldn't
have measured this, I think.  (Also, in the old days this was a "dark week"
where ratings weren't taken and the networks dumped all of their news
documentaries and cultural shows like, uh, the Kennedy Center Honors on the
week's schedule.)

The overnights aren't out yet, so for now we can't check this.

Mark Jeffries
spotligh...@gmail.com