I think he is being tried for his actions as an actor. Seems like there are
2 issues: 1) Did he pull the trigger? (he says he did not and gun fired due
to a malfunction; investigation concluded gun functioned properly and would
only fire if trigger pulled) and 2) Does an actor have an affirmative duty
to check a prop gun before firing, regardless of what he was told about its
load (Prosecutors say yes, definitely, so Baldwin’s claim that he was told
there were no live rounds is irrelevant).

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 8:16 PM Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There seems to be evidence of negligence on set at least in part by
> Baldwin as producer. As he’s also the one who pulled the trigger, his guilt
> seems doubly obvious.
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 1:28 PM 'Bob Jersey' via TVorNotTV <
> tvornottv@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Involuntary manslaughter (max 18 months prison) and enhancement for use
>> of a firearm (min 5 years) charges against Baldwin and Gutierrez Reed.
>> First-assistant director David Halls pleads guilty to a negligent weapon
>> use charge (probation)  Official charges will be filed by the end of this
>> month.
>>

>> https://variety.com/2023/film/news/alec-baldwin-rust-charges-santa-fe-1235385081/
>>  (link)

>> Moi, Jan 18th:
>> Santa Fe DA to reveal tomorrow (1/19) their decision on filing charges.
>> Expect a press release no earlier than 11 AM east.
>>

>> https://deadline.com/2023/01/alec-baldwins-rust-shooting-santa-fe-district-attorney-announcement-1235226331/
>>  (link)

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/b885fe32-65b5-43b2-9d47-90af21f261c1n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/b885fe32-65b5-43b2-9d47-90af21f261c1n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>