Baldwin is at an age where lots and lots of people retire and like many of
those people it might not be his choice. Hollywood can certainly get along
without his services.

The difference between Baldwin and Rittenhouse is intent. Baldwin did not
aim his weapon or even pull the trigger with the intention of hurting
anyone else. While the negligence might have been criminal it’s tough to
convince a jury to deprive a person of their freedom for years because of
an accident.

I remember reading that 95% of criminal cases result in a plea deal.
Prosecutors make up a maximal list of charges in order to negotiate them
down. A high profile jury trial is going to be a toss up and if the
prosecution can’t get Baldwin’s side to settle they will have to review the
charges and figure out what they can convince a jury of, and it’s probably
much less than the current charges.