Yes, you'll need to make a proper API request to have your update attributed.

--
Alex Payne

On Nov 20, 2008, at 10:05, scottjgo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi.

I want to add a "tweet this" link to my website. The idea is that you
would click the button, and it would prepopulate the message field on
twitter with a link. Ideally, you would authenticate through
twitter.com so I can avoid handling passwords.

I understand you can use a link like:
http://twitter.com/home?status=Putyourmessagehere
but is it possible to replace the "from web" with a link to my
website? Without that, it sort of eliminates the cool viral
advertising. Is the only alternative to use the real api (and handle
passwords)?

Thanks.
-sjg