> Do you by any chance know whether updating status counts against the
> rate limit?

It does not.

> I wrote a little test program for playing around with the API, that
> simply posts the time as a status message every 30 seconds.
> Sometimes, when I go online and check the status messages, they stop
> abruptly, but the client doesn't give me a 404 error. Is this evidence
> of reaching the limit?

No, it just means it wasn't posted. However, a test like that being posted
out every 30 seconds over and over could be construed as a runaway bot to
be filtered. You might not want to constantly update that frequently.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- I like my women like my coffee: weak, cold and bitter. -- Kevin Metcalf ----