Hi Alex,

Please refer to a related thread at:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/d11a31c7ecf033b/130ed44d6b502e6c?lnk=gst&q=160#130ed44d6b502e6c

I am trying to send an update via the API that is greater than 140
characters, but <= 160.   When I try to view the whole message on the
Web by clicking on the elipsis ...  I do not see the full message.

I tried the following two calls:
http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline.json
http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline.xml

In both cases, I see "truncated" set to "true", and the value of
"text" is the same as what I see on the Web - not the full message.

Is it no longer possible to see/retrieve an update where 140 < length
<= 160 ?

If this is the case, why does the documentation at
http://apiwiki.twitter.com/REST+API+Documentation
say "Must not be more than 160 characters" under the update
function?

An example with 155 characters is:

http://twitter.com/blueskies2/status/1068333279
"Almost a foot of snow was predicted for parts of central Michigan,
CNN affiliate WNEM-TV in Saginaw reported. Classes were canceled in
hundreds of schools."

This is a protected update (my developer account) - please feel free
to view it for debug as needed.

Thanks in advance for a clarification.

Scott