On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Aaron Brazell <emmenset...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's all we are asking for. Until there is a verify mechanism, yes, no
> app at all ever on the planet, including my favorite TweetDeck, should be
> trusted. Ever.

But, but, but...  People have been entrusting their email account usernames
and passwords to desktop clients and even web clients for years; the same
sorts of problems are theoretically possible there and, in the myriad cases
of Outlook being attacked by viruses that spam everyone in your address
book, quite feasible.  Yet I've never heard anyone suggest "securing" your
email program by forcing it in some way to not remember your password,
making you type it in every time.  Why this uproar over twitter
authentication, when the open problem of mail authentication has been worked
around for decades?

--
// jack
// http://www.nuthole.com