I think you're confusing open source licensing with a Terms of
Service. I agree that we need a ToS specifically for the API, and that
project has been delegated internally. But in the meantime, our
standard ToS applies, and that's been adequate for commercial,
non-profit, and educational uses of the Twitter API.

We prefer that product names not contain "Twitter" in full, but it's
just a suggestion, not a legal requirement.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x