Hi Deepak,
You will have to 1) have the credentials of a user that follows a user
that has protected updates (friends_timeline) or 2) have the
credentials of the protected user (user_timeline) to get access to
their updates.

As for your second question, unfortunately no, there is no way to
receive notification progamatically that a user has requested to
follow you. Is this a deal killer to you? If you can better explain
what you are trying to do, I can help you find a workaround.

@dougw