This is an issue that concerns me as well, so thank you, Paul, for
bringing it up on this list.  I do not consider if FUD.  This is
something that at least a few of us would like to discuss.  If it
doesn't pertain to you, then fine.

My example would be TweetGrid.  Right now, it is entirely a "drive-by"
site, meaning that anyone can use it w/o having to sign-in to the site
itself and there is no need to create an account or have any notion of
a session.  People can search at will.  If they want to actually
interact with twitter, then (for now, until the official oauth switch)
they enter their username and password for whatever account they'd
like to use for the interaction and all is well.  This is especially
nice for people with multiple accounts since there is no "session" on
tweetgrid, each twitter interaction is handled as a separate
event/action, so you can change your "active account" at any time
trivially by just retyping your user/pass in the appropriate boxes.

With OAuth I see this changing quite a bit.  Each twitter account that
wants to interact with twitter through TweetGrid would need to make
the loop through twitter.  So, if someone wants to use 4 or 5 accounts
at once they'd make 4 or 5 authentication trips to twitter and back.
Imagine having to do that every time you come to use TweetGrid.  I
imagine this being a UX nightmare unless I implement some sort of user
logon/session system which stores oauth keys for authenticated
accounts, etc.  Then it is no longer a fully drive-by service, and now
I have to bring a login system/database into the equation.

Please Note:  This is not me complaining... this is me thinking
outloud for the benefit of myself and Paul, who originally posed the
question.  Responses telling me to "man up and just deal with it" will
be promptly forwarded to /dev/null.  I have been thinking for a while
about how to solve this UX situation and how to create something that
won't alienate users by making them create Yet Another Website Account
(tm) and jumping through some hoops to get there.

Anyway, those are my current thoughts.  I, too, would be interested to
hear how sites/applications that currently don't use a login system
are planning on dealing with the oauth change.

-Chad