Nick Halstead wrote:
Today we launched an API for tweetmeme, for those who havent tried it,
we aggregate all the twitter URL's to rank the most popular stories.
Well the upside of this is that we have massive database of all the
short URL's - and where they resolve to, included in this we also go
and grab the page that it points at, and so we fetch the title,
category of content, and a few other bits.

We have tried to stick very closely to the RESTful + twitter style
API

The documentation is here -> http://www.tweetmeme.com/apidoc.php

An example of the url fetcher ->
http://api.tweetmeme.com/url_info?url=http://is.gd/lznv

We also have two methods that let you fetch the most popular + the
most recent stories.

Would love to get feedback on what other data mining methods we could
expose.

It is pretty cool. I don't want to be a pain, but story is not written storie: http://api.tweetmeme.com/popular.xml - pain to fix this one though if you already have published the api.