Hi there,

We've talked about this among the search folks a few times. We exclude a bunch of bots and things from influencing trends but then they still get displayed. I just opened a ticket for someone to fix that so we can exclude the trend bots using a parameter or search operator.

As far as if this is the correct place for search or not, I think it is. If other Twitter API developers disagree please let me know and I'll start a second group. From my perspective keeping up with one is easier for me to manage … and we're planning to merge the APIs in the next version of the API.

Thanks;
  — Matt Sanford