What I would like to do is make the basic information much more accessible,
which would ensure that the more fundamental questions are answered
implicitly while the conversation can cultivate around more productive
topics. The link to the FAQ doesn't curb the thrice weekly request for
source parameter help, and there are a lot of requests that redundant.

Do you guys have any suggestions to provide community newcomers a checklist
of information they need to get started? Do you have any good examples of
other communities that do it better?

Well, maybe I just gave myself an idea there...

Doug Williams
Twitter API Support
http://twitter.com/dougw