On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Ed Costello <epcoste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm fine with getting DM'd by *people* I follow.  But I don't expect to get
> DM'd by @cnnbrk or @jetblue unless I'm directly engaging them.  There's no
> granularity to separate getting DM'd by a friend I follow from DM'd by a bot
> powering a corporate account.

Then why are you following those 'bots powered by corporate account' so that
they can DM you?
Especially since every twitter account is also available by RSS?

Alternately, if you want the ability to spam DM everyone who follows a given
> account, then there must be a corresponding feature to block DMs from
> accounts one follows.

It is called don't follow but read the content elsewhere.

You can't have the cake and eat it.

Do you really think twitter as a company should spend their dev time in
making separation which are down to each person to decide rather than
keeping the system running?

If you want that feature, build a system which retrieves all your DMS and
allows you to set them as 'friends' and 'bad bots' and only let those
through which you want to see.

Again: this is not a twitter problem, but a usage tool.

Nicole