I've been collecting tweets for about a week for a project (http://
www.happn.in).

Some characteristics of my current dataset:
* Begin around April 10th 2009
* Collected from users who are located nearby 26 US cities
* ~5,000,000 tweets
* Growing at ~800,000 per day
* ~900MB in mysql
* ~375,000 users
* ~21,000 users in one sample city (Boston)

If you, kanny, or anyone else is interested in using them for research
or projects or anything else, let me know.

Jay