Hi Alon,

The main issue we've seen with extended UTF-8 is incorrect URL encoding of the values. We discussed this in depth in issue 433 [1], which I see you commented on. Without a little more information I can't really help. The information that would be most helpful is:

1. You mentioned using PHP, which PHP library are you using and what version?
  » Version is important here so I can check out the code.

2. The signature base string (see issue 433 [1] for examples) is a great indicator. I don't know the PHP libraries but I'm guessing there will be a signature method that takes a string like this. Add some log statements and capture that value.
  » Check out issue 433 [1] for examples of what they look like.

Thanks;
  – Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
      Twitter API Developer

[1] - http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=433