Doug, I realize this is my fault.  My algorithm had managed to collect
up a number of suspended accounts and tried to follow them.  When I
kept seeing the "This account is suspended" message I got paranoid and
thought it was talking about my account, not the one I was trying to
follow.  My fault.  Sorry for the bother.  Keep up the good work.