Hi there,

They must be sorted for the signature, but reviewing the code it looks like no matter the order you send them in we're re-sorting to validate the signature. So, you can send them either way. Sending them sorted will prevent the 3-email exchange where we verify they are indeed sorted for signing so I'm still rather partial to it :). When you get a 401 you should get a response body with some sort of message. Often times this is that it could not validate the signature but if I don't know I really cannot help. Like all other issue sending the request/response headers and body is very helpful.

Thanks;
 – Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
     Twitter Dev