We're checking by two ways:
Manually through the web
Through the friends and followers lists of the REST API (The new
friends do not exist)

We wonder if it might be a problem only with https requests and XML
format or if others have this problem with http, JSON, and so on.

We checked immediately, after several minutes, after several hours,
and now after days.

Regards